TERMS OF SERVICE
The following terms of service (these “Terms of Service”) govern your access to and use of Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. services, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through www.anonymouscrimereporting.org (the “Site or website”)
PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS AND POLICIES CAREFULLY. YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF, AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY, THESE TERMS AND POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND POLICIES, THEN YOU MUST NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SITE.
We may change these Terms and/or Policy from time to time by notifying you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting revised Terms or Policy through the Site. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Terms or Policy incorporating such changes, or otherwise notified you of such changes.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide capiophobia awareness and educational resources to sufferers of capiophobia by bridging the gap of communication between capiophobia sufferers and law enforcement.
Our organization hopes to connect sufferers of capiophobia with essential communication resources when there
is a need to report a crime without triggering unpleasant capiophobia symptoms.
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to promote capiophobia awareness and education with all levels of organizations including churches, schools, corporate organizations, and government organizations. We aspire to bring a higher awareness to capiophobia, in hopes that we can provide a small footprint in reducing racial discrimination and prejudiced treatment of civilians.
a) The term “us” or “we” or “our” refers to Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc., which operates the www.anonymouscrimereporting.org website (the “Site” or “Service”).
b) The term “User” refers to the individual, company, business organization, or other legal entity using the Services and/or contributing Content to them. The Content the User contributes, submits, transmits
and/or posts to or through the Site shall be referred to variously as “your Content”, “Content of yours”, and/or “Content you submit.”
All of the above definitions can be used in the singular and plural form (if applies).
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
ALL OF THESE TERMS, THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM USING THE SITE, AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY.
- USAGE/ ELIGIBILITY
You will use this site in a manner consistent with any, and all, applicable laws, legislation, rules, and regulations. If you violate any restrictions in these terms, you agree to indemnify Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. for any losses, costs, or damages, including reasonable legal fees, incurred by Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. in relation to, or arising out of, such a breach. The legal age for use of the services shall be 18 years and above.
Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. reserves the right to terminate any use of the service that doesn’t comply with usage requirements. We will also not be liable to you for any damage that might arise from person’s less than 18 who is found to use the services.
- TERMS OF SERVICE
Creating an Account. To use and enjoy the services we provide, we require you to register an account with us. Your Account is for your individual personal use only, and you may not authorize others to use your Account for any purpose. In creating your Account, you certify that all information you provide is complete and accurate. You agree to update your information when required or requested, and you further agree not to use another person’s account without permission. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of and restricting access to your Account and password, and you agree to accept sole responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account or password. You agree to contact our customer service department immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account or any violation of these Terms by others of which you are aware. You agree that we shall have no liability for any losses, damages, liabilities, or expenses you may incur due to any unauthorized use of your Account, and you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless for any such unauthorized use. We reserve the right to create accounts for quality control and administrative purposes. Such accounts may be publicly viewable.
User’s Responsibilities. By using the Website, the User undertakes in particular to:
- not provide any unlawful content, including unlawful content that may adversely affect the security of
the Website or harm other Users.
- not violate any law, contract, intellectual property, or other third party right or commit a tort, and that
you are solely responsible for your conduct while accessing or using the Sites.
- abide by these Terms and will not: Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- not use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from such user and Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc..
- not use the Sites in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Sites or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Sites in any manner;
- not do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any Content, area or code of the Sites;
- not access any feature or area of the Sites that you are not authorized to access.
- not use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, script, browser extension, offline reader, or other automated means or interface not authorized by us to access the Sites, extract data or otherwise interfere with or modify the rendering of Site pages or functionality.
- not to solicit information from users for illegal activities, to cause harm to people or property, or to scam others.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR EXTERNAL LINKS
The Site may make available or provide links to third-party website, content, services, or information (“Third Party Materials”). Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. does not control and is not responsible for, any Third-Party Materials and the availability of any Third-Party Materials on the website does not imply endorsement of, or affiliation with the provider of Third-Party Materials. Your use of Third-Party Materials is at your own risk.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
distributed, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
- LIMITED USE OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Provided that you are eligible to use the website, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for
your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content, and the Marks.
- USER LICENSES
You may access and use the Website and Services only in accordance with any instruction manuals, user guides and other documentation as made available by Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. from time to time (“Documentation”).
This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
i. modify or copy the materials;
ii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. website;
iii. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
iv. Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other service
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- ASSIGNMENT OF THE CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
As users of the platform, you agree and acknowledge that we may exercise at our sole discretion, and we reserve the right to freely assign and/or transfer any or all of the rights and obligations described in this Agreement in connection to providing the service to you. You may not assign any of your rights and duties without our prior consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions, this agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the
benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY To the extent permitted under applicable law, under no circumstances shall we, our officers, directors, employees, parents, affiliates, successors, assigns, or licensors be liable to you or any other third party for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential, exemplary or punitive damages of any type including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, service interruption, computer failure or malfunction, loss of business profits, loss of data or business information, loss of additional software or computer configurations or costs of procurement of substitute goods or services, damages arising in connection with any use of the website or any and all other commercial damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with these terms. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, in no event shall our total liability (including our officers, directors, employees, parents, and affiliates) for any claim arising out of or related to these terms, to the fullest extent possible under applicable law, exceed the amount paid if any, by you for the use of the services.
- COMPLAINT PROCEDURE
We have designed our service to be seamless and easily accessible. Should you have any complaint when using the platform, feel free to contact us. We will attend to your query immediately – no longer than 5 business days from the day we receive it.
- DELETING THE ACCOUNT
You may terminate these Terms and the license granted to you hereunder at any time by contacting us to delete the account. Deleting an account is tantamount to terminating the agreement. Any problems caused by account deletion, such as non-performance of User-to-User agreements, are the sole responsibility of the User requesting deletion.
Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. without prejudice to any other rights we may have, may terminate these Terms and the license granted to you hereunder automatically without notice, if you fail to comply with or breach
any provision of these Terms. In no event will we be liable for the suspension, removal of or disabling of your access to the site or services or to any feature available therein.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc., and our respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns (individually and collectively, the Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. Parties”), from and against all actual or alleged Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. Party or
third party claims, damages, awards, judgments, losses, liabilities, obligations, penalties, interest, fees, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and expenses) and costs (including, without limitation, court costs, costs of settlement and costs of pursuing indemnification and insurance), of every kind and nature whatsoever,
whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, matured or unmatured, or suspected or unsuspected, in law or equity, whether in tort, contract or otherwise (collectively, “Claims”), including, but not limited to,
damages to property or personal injury, that are caused by, arise out of or are related to (a) your use or misuse of the Sites, Content or Services, (b) any Feedback you provide, (c) your violation of these Terms, (d) your
violation of the rights of another, (e) any third party’s use or misuse of the Site or Services provided to you and (f) any User Content you create, post, share or store on or through the Site or our pages or feeds on third party
social media platforms. You agree to promptly notify Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. of any third-party Claims and cooperate with the Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. Parties in defending such Claims. You further agree that the Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. Parties shall have control of the defense or settlement of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc.
- PROHIBITED USES
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the available. The site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or
approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as (but not limited to) user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site
and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden of the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that
interferes with any parties’ functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Use content without proper attribution.
- Use content in a fashion that does not comply with the content’s specific licensing.
Your access to and use of the services and content provided on www.anonymouscrimereporting.org are at YOUR OWN RISK. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. are founders, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, and
partners) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, and OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. makes no warranty and disclaims all responsibility and liability for (i) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security, or reliability of the Services or any Content; (ii) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services or any Content; (iii) the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services; and (iv) whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. or through the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites
or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. of such
websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
No Provision of professional or expert advice.
Your use of the platform is solely at your own risk. Nothing on the platform in the means of communication either directed personally or to the public at large, or any specific public does not provide professional, legal, or financial advice to Users or any other individuals, and assumes no fiduciary duties of Users.
Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. is in no way affiliated with WeTip 2.0. All crime tips are the property of WeTip 2.0 and law enforcement. Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. is in no way affiliated with Crimestoppers USA or Crimestoppers World. All crime tips reported to Crimestoppers USA or Crimestoppers World are the property of Crimestoppers USA and, or Crimestoppers World and law enforcement.
If Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. decides to change these general terms and conditions, we will post the changed terms and conditions on the Website. You are advised to regularly check whether they have changed.
Existing contracts will not be affected by such changes.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These general terms and conditions in relation to the use of Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. are hereby governed by and constructed and enforced in accordance with the laws of [NC/USA]. The competent courts in [NC/USA] shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any dispute between you and Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc..
The information provided by ANONYMOUS CRIME REPORTING INC. (expressly referred to hereunder as “we”, “us” or “our”) regarding the services we provide is for general informational purposes only. All information provided is in good faith, and we do not promote guns or gun violence, or police hate but the guns are for illustrative purposes in line with our educational mission.
We shall have no liability to you under any circumstance for any injury or damage incurred as a result of the use of the reliance on the information provided about them. Your use and reliance are solely at your own risk.
The information provided is for creating awareness only and does not constitute a legal contract between you and us unless otherwise specified. The information is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present accurate and reliable information, we make no guarantees of any kind.
The information about purchases may be provided and maintained by various sources, both internal and external. In no event shall we be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any injury or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services provided. The presence of third-party advertisements and
hyperlinks on ANONYMOUS CRIME REPORTING INC. does not imply that ANONYMOUS CRIME REPORTING INC. endorses, guarantees, warranties, or recommends them. Before electing to employ any third-party services, make sure you do your homework.
Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. is in no way affiliated with WeTip 2.0. All crime tips are the property of WeTip 2.0 and law enforcement. Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc. is in no way affiliated with Crimestoppers USA or Crimestoppers World. All crime tips reported to Crimestoppers USA or Crimestoppers World are the property of Crimestoppers USA and, or Crimestoppers World and law enforcement. If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
Last updated July 25, 2022
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
In a variety of methods, we may obtain information about you from you. We may gather the following types of information:
When you register with the Site or participate in various activities related to the Site, such as online chat and message boards, you voluntarily provide us with personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, as well as demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests. However, if you do not share with
us any personal information, you may not be able to use any of the Site’s services.
Our servers automatically collect information such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have seen just before and after accessing the Site.
When you purchase, order, return, exchange, or seek information about our services via the Site, we may collect financial information, such as data linked to your payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date). We save only a little amount of financial data, if any at all. Qgiv is our donations payment processor, and you may study their privacy policies and contact them directly if you have any questions about how your financial information is handled by them.
Your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts, if you choose to link your account to social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
If you use the Site using a mobile device, we may collect information such as your mobile device’s ID, model, and manufacturer, as well as information about where your device is located.
Connecting your account to another service and granting the site permission to access third-party data, such as personal information or network contacts, is referred to as “third-party data.”
When you participate in competitions, sweepstakes, or surveys, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, and other personal information.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience.
Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Create and manage your account.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Sites.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information is never shared with anyone else. However, we may share your personal information with third-party service providers who help us provide the Services, such as shipping, payment processing, marketing, and advertising, email, text, and other communications, applications, sales, business and inventory support, photography, and website, software, platform, cloud, data storage, and other technical services. We may also share your personal information to: (1) comply with federal, state, or local laws; (2) comply with civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities; (3) cooperate with law enforcement agencies in the investigation of conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local laws; or (4) exercise or defend legal claims.
We may also share non-personal information with third parties who provide and run Services on our behalf or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used, as long as the information has been deidentified or aggregated.
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies and Web Beacons
There are a number of technologies that we use on the Site to enhance your experience, including cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels, and other technologies. Tracking technology is not used to collect personal information when you visit the Site. Cookies are accepted by default in most browsers. However, you should be aware that deleting or rejecting cookies might have an impact on the Site’s availability and functioning. Web beacons can’t be turned off. Although cookies can be rendered useless by rejecting all cookies or updating your browser’s settings to inform you each time a cookie is offered, you can accept or decline cookies on an individual basis by adjusting these options.
In order to provide you with a better online experience, we employ a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels, and others. You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Personal information is protected by administrative, technological, and physical security methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are flawless or impenetrable, and no mode of data transfer can be guaranteed against any interception or other sort of misuse. Any information that is posted online can be accessed and misused by anybody who has access to the internet. To the extent that you give us personal information, we cannot guarantee that it will be completely secure.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
It is our policy not to intentionally collect or market to anybody under the age of 18 without their express consent. Please use the contact information below if you have any information about minors under the age of 18 that we may have acquired.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may access and modify your account information at any time by using the methods listed below:
• Logging into your account settings and making the necessary changes
• Contacting us via the methods listed below.
Emails and Communications
By noting your choices when you establish an account with the Site or by logging into your account settings and changing your options, you can no longer receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us.
You can get in touch with us by utilizing the details provided below.
You must contact the third party directly if you no longer desire to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from them.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance
of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us.
In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular, whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
We undertake to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and guarantee You can exercise
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide it to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Anonymous Crime Reporting Inc.
8601 Six Forks Road Ste 400
Raleigh, NC 27615